Enroll Now In The Electrify America Kia Charge Pass Program
Learn more about the Electrify America Kia Charge Pass Program
Kia America is excited to provide retail customers of certain Kia battery electric vehicles with complimentary charging on Electrify America’s nationwide ultra-fast charging network.1
Electrify America has more than 3,000 individual ultra-fast chargers across the country. Electrify America expects to have more than 1,800 total charging stations with over 10,000 individual chargers in the United States and Canada by the end 2025. For an up-to-date count or to find the nearest charger to you visit https://www.electrifyamerica.com/locate-charger/.
The chargers utilize the fastest technology available today – providing speeds of up to 150kW and 350kW for capable vehicles – to help reduce the amount of time spent charging.
With the peace of mind that comes with convenient access to a leading nationwide network of chargers, new owners of eligible Kia electric models can take full advantage of their new vehicles, whether that be an impromptu trip across town or a long-distance road trip adventure.
Eligible customers will have access to Electrify America’s coast-to-coast fast-charging network in which to use the Electrify America Kia Charge Pass Program complimentary charging.2
Accessing the Electrify America Kia Charge Pass Program is as easy as downloading a smartphone app and following a few on-screen registration instructions:
Step 1: Enroll in Kia Connect.
Step 2: Using the Kia account created, get the 8-digit Kia Charge Pass Enrollment Code from the Kia Access app or the Kia Owner’s Portal.
Step 3: Download the Electrify America app3
Step 4: Create your Electrify America account and select “Set Up Public Charging”.
Existing Electrify America members may select “Premium Offers” in the Account tab, then select “I have an enrollment code”.
Step 5: Select “Choose Membership Plan” then select “Premium Offers”.
Step 6: Input the 8-digit enrollment code and select Kia Charge Pass plan, followed by inputting the vehicle’s 17-digit VIN4 number for verification.
Step 7: Accept Plan Disclosure and Select the Plan.
Step 8: Enter payment info5 and set up auto-reload.
You will need to enter a payment method to cover any incurred Idle Fees6 and any applicable taxes on those fees, as well charging outside of the Kia Charge Pass benefit.
Offer enrollment can be as smooth as your journeys, but if you encounter any roadblocks, call 1-833-632-2778 to contact Electrify America Customer Assistance, available 24/7.
The Kia Charge Pass Program is available to retail customers of certain Kia battery electric vehicles. These customers receive a certain amount of kilowatt hours of complimentary charging (valid for 3 years from the vehicle purchase date) using the Electrify America network. Refer to the table on the Electrify America Kia Charge Pass Program to see eligible vehicles and number of kilowatt hours of complimentary charging.
No. This package of kilowatt hours is complimentary (valid for 3 years from the vehicle purchase date).
Electrify America requires new users to enroll with a credit card for 2 main reasons:
To cover “Idle Fees” for vehicles left connected to an Electrify America charger beyond a 10-minute grace period and/or any applicable taxes on those fees.
Drivers who do not unplug and move their vehicle within ten minutes after their charging session has completed will be charged a $0.40 per-minute idle fee. Idle fee amount determined by Electrify America.
This fee encourages drivers to move their vehicle promptly so that others can use the charger. Customers can be notified when their charging session is complete by text message or can see it on the “Charger Screen” (Customer cellular data rates may apply).
For uninterrupted use of the Electrify America DC fast-charging network.
To help ensure customers can charge uninterrupted, a customer’s Electrify America account balance automatically reloads when it falls below $10.
The auto-reload amount is set by the customer and is charged during the first charging session. The balance is used to cover any costs not covered by the Kia Charge Pass plan, such as Idle Fees or applicable taxes on those fees.
When a customer plan expires, the customer’s account will automatically convert to an Electrify America Pass membership account (see https://www.electrifyamerica.com/pricing/).
There is no cost to the customer for the complimentary Kia Charge Pass plan; this simply allows the customer to continue using the Electrify America App for charging sessions after the 1,000 kWh is consumed, or the enrollment period has expired.
Ensure that you have done the following:
- Downloaded the Electrify America smartphone application7,
- Created an Electrify America user account,
- Selected the “Kia Charge Pass” plan.
- Correctly entered your 8-digit Enrollment Code and the 17-digit Vehicle Identification Number (VIN).4
If your Enrollment Code is not working, please contact Kia Consumer Affairs (URL).
The 8-digit Enrollment Code is available in your Kia account after enrolling in Kia Connect. You will also receive the 8-digit Enrollment Code in your Kia Connect welcome email.
Ensure you’ve enrolled in Kia Connect.
The enrollment code expires 3 years after the vehicle purchase date.
To check your kWh balance, login either to your Kia Owner’s account or to your Electrify America account.
Contact Electrify America Customer Assistance
Phone: 1-833-632-2778 (24/7 support)
If your question was not covered within our FAQs, please contact our Kia Consumer Assistance Center – 800-333-4KIA(4542).
1. The Kia Charge Pass program is available on certain new Kia electric vehicles purchased from an authorized U.S.-based (excluding Alaska) Kia dealer.
- The complimentary charging is non-transferable and not available for commercial use, such as ridesharing.
- Kia Charge Pass program requires the following:
- 8-digit Enrollment Code
- Download the Electrify America Application and creation of an Electrify America Account
- Enrollment in Kia Charge Pass plan.
- After user-initiated charge session stops or vehicle reaches full charge or charging otherwise stops, and 10-minute grace period has elapsed, Idle Fees will apply for which the user will be responsible.
- In the event of suspected fraud or abuse or other unforeseen events, Kia America and/or Electrify America may discontinue or modify the offer at its sole discretion.
2. The complimentary charging may be used for three years from the vehicle purchase date.
3. Your mobile carrier’s normal messaging, data, and other rates and fees will apply to your use of the Electrify America mobile application.
4. The VIN can usually be found on the driver's side dashboard near where the dashboard meets the edge of the windshield.
5. To help ensure that your charging session will not be interrupted, your Electrify America account balance automatically reloads when it falls below $10.
- You’ll be billed the auto-reload amount you select in the app the first time you charge at an Electrify America station.
- The billed amount will be held in your account to cover costs not covered by this plan, such as Idle Fees and applicable taxes.
6. Drivers who do not unplug and move their vehicle within ten minutes after their charging session has completed will be charged a $0.40 per-minute idle fee. Idle fee amount determined by Electrify America.
- This fee encourages drivers to move their vehicle promptly so that others can use the charger.
- You can be notified when your charging session is complete by text message or see it on the “Charger Screen”, (Customer cellular data rates may apply).
7. Your mobile carrier’s normal messaging, data, and other rates and fees will apply to your use of the Electrify America mobile application.